Is up and available for your downloading pleasure here.
Among the highlights are the following…
- drug spend for the 25 respondents declined year-over-year, marking the fourth year of flat or decreasing spend
- despite that good news, payers remain more concerned about drug costs than other medical cost areas
- opioids and related issues again dominated the conversation (the survey was telephonic and took about 20 minutes) with respondents noting issues related to addiction, drug testing, fraud/waste/abuse/diversion, cost, delayed recovery and increased indemnity expense as concerns
- compound drugs were identified as the biggest emerging issue
- respondents also noted that regulations and legislation have not kept pace with developments in work comp pharma such as the growth of physician dispensing
The report contains a host of statistics, data, and insights from the respondents, along with perspective gained from doing the survey for over a decade.